You’re seeing them everywhere: holiday gift guides full of the coolest stuff. Isn’t the internet great for finding neat bits n bobs? I love it.
So of course, I have to add in my two cents. Here’s my 2010 list for foodies, photographers and foodie photographers. Heh. (and with the exception of one… well, one and a half, they’re all $100 or less)
- Picture Me Pretty Charm Necklace by Chenzi on Etsy: What photographer on your list could resist this pretty charm and circle pendant? I love the “capture life” stamped on the pendant. She’ll even do custom stamping if you want a different phrase! $24.50 US
- Inniskillin Cabernet Franc Icewine: I’ve been to the winery in the lovely Niagara wine region of Ontario, I’ve tasted it and I have a teeny tiny bottle in my wine fridge right now. And, ok, it tastes like strawberries and goes great with chocolate. I adore this stuff. The big 375ml bottle retails for around $100 Canadian (CDN)
- Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends: This cookbook is beautifully photographed and the few recipes I’ve tried have been very tasty. It’s on my wishlist for sure! $34.95US
- Fujifilm instax mini 7s Instant Camera or the Fujifilm instax 210 Instant Camera: Kind of like an updated polaroid but oh so cute! The mini takes teeny tiny photos and the 210 takes wide format ones. Prices vary but in the $70-$100 range depending on the model.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens: I’ve already said that I think this lens is one of the best values that Canon makes. Light, fast, and it produces clear, sharp images. $140 CDN
- 3 Tier Stackable Cooling Rack: Love to bake but short on counterspace? I’m dying to try this baby out. Three tiers but collapses flat for storage. Efficiency! $20.00 CDN
- Sagaform Edge Odor Remover Metal Soap: if you cook with garlic as much as I do, you know how hard it can be to get rid of the smell from your hands. This actually works! I don’t know how or why but it seems to make a difference! $14.95 US
- Chalkboard Speech Bubble: I adore Photojojo and all the nifty little items they sell and I own several. This one is fun for taking snapshots at parties and livening them up – all you need is chalk, an eraser and a point and shoot! $29.00 US
- Ten by David duChemin: Ten ways to improve your photography without buying gear. This ebook is a bargain at $5, just like all of the other Craft and Vision books. I think I own almost the whole library. Gorgeous photos and very useful info. iPad apps available as well! $5.00 US
- Sweet Georgia Browns: If you’re from the West Coast of Canada, the purple Purdy’s Chocolate box is as recognizable as the Tiffany Blue Box. These delicious salted pecan, caramel and chocolate confections (I’m eating one as I write this post) are a stocking stuffer tradition in my family. And they ship world-wide! $14.95 CDN for a box of 8 or 3/10.95 for the two packs.