Parmesan roasted asparagus is one of the simplest yet tastiest side dishes you can make. You can switch it up by using different cheeses or adding a drizzle of lemon or some fresh garlic.
I’m sorry, I know I promised a post from Katz’s Deli, and it is still coming. The last week was a whirlwind and I haven’t even opened the file of New York photos to start post processing. Today is photo editing day so hopefully I’ll have something to show for it in the next day or two!
In the meantime, I’ve been so busy I haven’t even really been cooking anything – just grabbing food here and there when I can. But last night I decided to make one of my favourites – Roasted Parmesan Asparagus. And I had a little bit of extra time and light (the days are getting dark so early now!) to shoot it.
This is one of the world’s easiest dishes to cook and one of the tastiest to eat. No excuse for not eating your veggies with this one!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1tbsp olive oil (the better quality you can use, the better it will taste!)
- sprinkle of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ c of grated parmesan
- Heat the oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Put the entire mixture into a baking dish and roast until asparagus is crisp but tender (15-20minutes)
- Once the asparagus are tender, sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute or two
- That's it. Done. Now enjoy!