Vanilla Cinnamon Dip

Vanilla Cinnamon Yogurt

i need to learn how to get fancy with cinnamon. this is a mess!!

I usually go through yogurt pretty quickly around here but for some reason… over the holidays I’ve slowed down.  Probably because I went through my usual holiday phase of “is that healthy?  yes?  no thanks!” and proceeded to eat something laced with sugar, butter or chocolate.  Or all of those.

So back to my January stripped down food kick.  I needed to use up yogurt and yogurt makes great dips.

Cinnamon Vanilla Yogurt Dip is a great dip for fresh fruit, especially apples or for pita chips or pita triangles.  I haven’t tried it but it would probably be a great topping for plain cheerios or oatmeal too.

Cinnamon Vanilla Dip

*adapted from this recipe on Tastebook.

3/4 cup of fat free, plain  yogurt (I like the Balkan style best)
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp cinnamon
liquid honey to taste (I used about 1 tsp)

combine all ingredients in a small bowl.  Let sit for 30 minutes if you want the flavours to combine nicely.  Dip away!

Photography

Image: 50mm, f1.8, 1/100, ISO200, +2/3 exposure compensation. I’m not unhappy with the photo but I’m a bit disappointed in my sloppy styling.  The cinnamon is a mess!  I could have done a much better job on this one.

Comments

1. says

Oh I wish I could take such pictures.. I would be very happy 😀 and in life most things are messy, real beauty you can see even in a mess 😉

• Melissa says

yup! it’s hard not to love anything with a touch of cinnamon. Always makes me think of cinnamon toast, which I loved as a kid.

2. says

What a wonderful idea to boost up plain yogurt! I actually love that photo, perfection is not always so great..it is real and that’s what I like!

3. RavieNomNoms says

I know what you mean! I tend to eat quite a bit of yogurt too, especially at work and I feel like I slowed down during the holidays. This yogurt looks so awesome! I will definitely have to make this and bring it into work for myself, thanks for sharing!

4. says

This is so great! I am procrastinating getting ready for work and packing my lunch. I have everything I need for this. I am making it and taking it to work today. Thanks!

• Melissa says

oh you do? i’ve never tried that. My mom used to make it when we were little and then made Popsicles out of it. If you have a recipe, pass it on some time.

• Melissa says

you know, I don’t see why not. The cinnamon was powdered. I think as long as you let it sit for a while after mixing so the flavours can combine properly. Or mix the vanilla with the honey so it dissolves a bit before adding. It’s so simple and cheap to make that it’s worth a try.

5. Danielle says

Try placing a stencil over the bowl and dusting over that – and dust from high up so it falls lightly and evenly – not clumpy!

Trackbacks